As Australia's vaccination rate draws closer to 80%, Flourish Australia has prepared a COVID Safe plan to enter into the next stage of the pandemic.
For those in NSW, Victoria, and the ACT this includes plans to reopen our sites and in-person services once 80% double vaccination is reached.
The plan takes into consideration feedback from our community as well as states' roadmaps which are guided by vaccination rates. Of course, the health and safety of everyone who we work with is our number one priority, and we are ready to make adjustments if local situations change. However, to give people greater certainty over what the next transition looks like, we're excited to provide an outline of our COVID Safe plan.
- At 80% full vaccination in the community, we will open our sites for doubly vaccinated staff and people we support. This includes onsite group programs. With your consent, we will ask you if you are fully vaccinated, so we can do our best to keep you safe. Depending on the state requirements some density limits may remain, and we will advise of them.
- Before accessing a site or a group support, all staff and people we support must answer the health screening questions and check their temperature.
- Face masks will be required for all team members and, in some indoor settings, people we support.
- Physical distancing will continue at all sites and the site’s capacity (2sqm per person) will be displayed on a sign at the entrance.
- All of our sites will complete high touch point cleaning and vehicles will be cleaned after every trip. Hand sanitizer will be easily available at all sites and in vehicles for staff and people we support
- Before and after we reach 80% fully vaccinated in the community, we will continue to offer one on one supports and online groups.
We recognise being doubly vaccinated is a new condition of attending group and site programs. However, we are doing this to keep you and everyone we support as safe as possible. COVID-19 vaccinations are free and very effective at preventing the worst impacts of the virus. If you can be vaccinated please do so.
Our commitment is to continue deliver COVID Safe services to you. Thank you for helping us to do that.
We are very much looking forward to opening our sites and returning to face to face group programs. We know you feel the same way!
Dealing with Digital
Warren Heggarty Who would have thought that the pace of change in the computer age could have acceler...
It’s easy to start a herb garden on your windowsill
While not everyone has a backyard, most of us would at least have a windowsill in our kitchen big enou...