As authorities continue to cautiously lift COVID-19 restrictions and NSW and Queensland progress with control of the virus, Flourish Australia moved to Stage 2 of our Transition Plan on September 14, 2020 in all sites other than Melbourne.
Throughout this transition, our priority continues to be the health, safety and wellbeing of people we support, their families and carers and the Flourish Australia team. We are focussed on making sure that our workplaces are safe for everyone.
Accordingly, Stage 2 will include a high standard of cleaning, hygiene, health checks and physical distancing. COVID-safe arrangements being put in place are as outlined:
- We will increase the number of days that staff work from sites and offices to a maximum of two days per week.
- Some centre based group activities will resume, commencing with a maximum of two groups per week, running on different days.These are strictly planned and attendance is scheduled beforehand.
- A health check-in will be undertaken prior to someone leaving home to attend a group based activity.
- To gain access to a site, for the health and safety of everyone, all staff and participants must agree to a temperature check on arrival and will complete health check-in questions. Anyone feeling sick or with a temperature will be supported to see their doctor or seek a COVID-19 test.
- Education sessions about COVID-19 and how to stay COVID-safe will be part of all group programs.
- Promotion of personal hygiene, physical distancing and COVID-safe practices will continue and be enhanced across all sites.
- To prevent transmission, physical distancing will continue across all sites. Signage has been installed at sites reminding everyone.
- It will be possible to provide individual home, community or outreach supports, including transport.
- Provision of COVID-safe transport to site-based group programs will resume.
- Face masks and hand sanitiser will be available at all sites and in vehicles; and wearing a face mask is strongly encouraged (unless mandatorily required by public health orders).
- With the exception of the transport mentioned above, there will be no other travel.
- No external visitors or onsite meetings outside of the mentioned group programs will be permitted, with the exception of accommodation sites and DES employment.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will be maintained at all Flourish Australia offices and sites.
The timeframe for roll out of Flourish Australia’s four-stage Transition Plan continues to be guided by on-going Government and official public health advice with regards to COVID-19. In the event that infection rates increase, we are able to adjust our approach.
We are grateful for everyone’s willingness to adapt, as we navigate these uncertain times together. The changes we’ve all made have helped to reduce the chance of transmission of COVID-19.
With coronavirus still present in the community, we must continue to do everything we can to minimise risk. We appreciate the commitment that our staff and people accessing our services have so far made to maintain health and safety protocols, and thank everyone for their continued cooperation.
As restrictions continue to ease we look forward to gradually welcoming people back to our centres while continuing to provide technology based remote supports. Many of these new supports have been so well received that we intend to continue to offer these as our services resume.
We would like to once again acknowledge the generous support of our Funders who have made it possible for us to keep providing support to people where and when it is most needed.
Thank you to everyone for showing such incredible resilience, dedication and flexibility throughout the past 6 months.
Mark Orr AM
Talk to us today
You can read more about Flourish Australia's COVID-19 efforts here.
Enjoying a COVID-safe festive season
Thanks to the work of our communities, health professionals and governments, Australia is able to look...
Celebrating International Day of People with Disability
December 3 is International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD). IDPwD is a United Nations observed...