As an essential service Flourish Australia continues to provide support to the people who use our services during the current health restrictions across NSW, ACT and Queensland.
To keep people safe, and in line with current public health restrictions and our own COVID-Safe plans, in some locations we have suspended face-to-face group services and are providing one-on-one and online support.
COVID-Safe measures for Greater Sydney (NSW), the Sunshine Coast and Caboolture (QLD)
Our offices in these locations will be closed for drop ins and group programs, however one-on-one daily supports, employment, transport services and access to online groups will continue. We will be in touch with you about how you can continue to access support during this period.
We will be wearing a mask at all times and we ask you do too. This is a requirement of NSW and Queensland Health, but also it is a good way to keep us safe from COVID-19. We have masks available if you need an extra one. Your support person will also do a Health Check-In and ask you some questions about your recent movements, to make sure you haven't been to an exposure site.
If you feel unwell, including the mildest of symptoms, such as a sore throat, headache, or cough, please do let your Flourish Australia support person know before you see them, and get a COVID-19 test. We can advise you of the closest testing clinic and we will make sure you are well supported should you need to isolate.
These extra steps and measures mean we can all stay connected and keep in touch with regular supports even in the changed circumstances.
COVID-Safe measures for NSW, outside of Greater Sydney, and the ACT
Regional NSW and the ACT also have some restrictions to help protect against transmission.
In these locations, Flourish Australia will be reducing our group programs to one in the morning and one in the afternoon, to help maintain appropriate physical distancing.
All Flourish Australia people will be wearing masks, and we ask that you do too. This is a requirement of NSW, ACT and Queensland Health, and it is a good way to keep us safe from COVID-19. Our team will also do a Health Check-In and ask you if you're experiencing any symptoms before we see you. We can advise you of the closest testing clinic and we will make sure you are well supported should you need to isolate.
Flourish Australia is still here to support you. Our number one priority is everyone’s wellbeing and safety.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us (1300 779 270) to let us know how we can best support you.
Please stay informed
We are encouraging all of our staff and people accessing services to take the time to familiarise themselves with their State or Territory's public health advice, including monitoring hot spots and current restrictions. These can be found on the relevant government website:
- Latest COVID-19 news and updates - www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
- Reasonable excuse to leave home - www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney#reasonable-excuse-to-leave-home
- Keep up to date with NSW case locations - www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#search-suburbs
- Latest COVID-19 news and updates -https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19
- Reasonable excuse to leave home -https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions
- Keep up to date with QLD case locations - https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/contact-tracing
- Latest COVID-19 news and updates - https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/home
- Current ACT restrictions - https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/act-status-and-response
- Latest COVID-19 news and updates - https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/latest-news-coronavirus-covid-19
International Day of Friendship
July 30th marks International Day of Friendship. The observance was proclaimed in 2011 with the idea t...
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
With recent COVD-19 outbreaks across Australia, it’s never been more important to check whether you ar...